[Distutils] Download error on (…) hostname <proxy> doesn't match either of '*.c.ssl.fastly.net', (…) when running buildout behind proxy

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Sep 7 16:09:56 CEST 2014

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Piotr Dobrogost
> Hi!
>
> According to http://www.buildout.org/en/latest/community.html this
> mailing list is the right place to ask about buildout

Yup.

> so here is my
> question.
>
> I'm having hard time finding out why buildout doesn't work with my proxy.
> Here is the error I get:
>
> pdobrogost at host:~/projects/projectx/projectx_buildout$ ./bin/buildout
> -vNc buildout-devel.cfg custom:cvsuser=pdobrogost
> Installing 'mr.developer'.
> We have no distributions for mr.developer that satisfies 'mr.developer'.
> Download error on http://pypi.python.org/simple/mr.developer/:
> hostname 'proxy.site.local' doesn't match either of
> '*.c.ssl.fastly.net', 'c.ssl.fastly. (...)
>
> I'm using Buildout 1.4.3

Wow. That's really old and not really supported any more.

It also uses very old and unsupported versions of setuptools.

> with Python 2.7.7 on Debian 6.0.10
> Details can be found at http://stackoverflow.com/q/25682165/95735
>
> Btw, does buildout use easy_install to download/build/install eggs or
> something else? If it uses easy_install is there any way to pass
> options to easy_install used?

Buildout uses setuptools, which is what easy_install uses. (Buildout originally
used easy_install more or less directly and still does in some narrow cases.)

Please upgrade to buildout 2.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton