[Distutils] Making install a no-op

Randy Syring randy at thesyrings.us
Sat Jul 11 18:55:23 CEST 2015

> The way I handled itnin importlib was to version check in setup.py and if
> importlib would be in the stdlib I would use an empty list to represent
> what to install

FWIW, that is also how I have done it in the past.  Conditionally add
install requirements to the list based on the current environment and then
pass that to setup().

*Randy Syring*
Husband | Father | Redeemed Sinner

*"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his
soul?" (Mark 8:36 ESV)*