[Distutils] Getting more momentum for pip

Marcus Smith qwcode at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 19:28:24 CET 2015

> That implies closing 183 issues and 65 PRs from where we are now. And
> when you say "adding features" presumably that means somehow
> forbidding people (core devs? we can't forbid anyone else...) from
> creating new PRs until we're below the limit.
>
> In general, I don't think it's practical in a volunteer-based project,
> to "force" people to hit specific targets.

you certainly can't be hard line about it, but I think it's a practical
rule and achievable.
you just don't work on new non-critical things until you get the issue and
PR counts down.
As much as I would like to see pypa have a "system" of issue and PR
review,  I think a simple rule like this is more achievable right now.