[Distutils] setup_requires for dev environments

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 18:04:02 CET 2015

The problem with a no-stopgaps policy is that the non-stopgap solution
has to be incredible to ever be greater than the accrued debt of
((current pain - reduced pain from stopgap) * all python users * years
until non-stopgap) - (maintenance/documentation hassle * years since
stopgap implemented * everyone who has to deal with it), and we do not
know how great the non-stopgap will be.