[Distutils] Translate Warehouse (PyPI) into languages other than English?

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Thu Mar 26 12:46:02 CET 2015

I have an open issue [1] on Warehouse about whether it makes sense to attempt
to translate Warehouse (and thus PyPI once Warehouse is deployed there) into
languages other than English. I'm not going to rehash everything that's been
said on the issue, but would instead like to direct anyone who has a strong
opinion one way or the other to please go weigh in on that issue.

In particular I would love it if people who are not native English speakers
could weigh in about if they think it would be helpful to people who don't
speak English natively. I personally feel utterly unqualified to answer the
question of usefulness since I am a native English speaker and I only speak
English.

[1] https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/402

---
Donald Stufft