[Distutils] warning about potential problem for wheels

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker at noaa.gov
Wed Oct 14 01:31:32 CEST 2015

But even if so do we WANT to now be supporting 4 Windows platforms?

win32
win32_sse2
win64
win64_sse2

and then, what about sse3, etc???

Longer term, more platforms (particularly more platforms that really only
differ by some compiler flags) shouldn’t be a very big deal, because my
dream for PyPI is that authors upload a source package and PyPI builds all
their wheels for them (optionally of course).

That would be pretty nice. I'm still a bit wary though -- the more
platforms you have, the more you have to test and debug....

Testing, off course would be part of the automated build. But debugging
could get painful ...

CHB