[Distutils] Remove distutils, was: red, green, refactor ...

Thomas Güttler guettliml at thomas-guettler.de
Wed Oct 21 18:34:52 CEST 2015

Am 21.10.2015 um 17:29 schrieb Daniel Holth:
> The strategy that we are successfully pursuing is to standardize around file formats that the build tools generate and the installers and runtime can consume....

I ask myself: Why a standard? I see that a standard is very important if there will be
several implementations (for example TCP/IP, protocols like HTTP, SMTP, IMAP, ...)

But here a single implementation for creating and installing packages would be enough.

Is a standard really needed?

Regards,
  Thomas Güttler

--