[Distutils] Proposed new Distutils API for compiler flagdetection (Issue26689)

Steve Dower steve.dower at python.org
Sun Aug 28 10:34:20 EDT 2016

Some of the core development team will be sprinting full time for the week leading up to beta 1, so expect a lot of things to get added then.

My main concern with this is compatibility rather than the interface, but as a new feature I think it's best to be only in setuptools. Distutils is minimal support for building and as long as it works I don't see any reason to change it given the ease of getting alternatives.

Cheers,
Steve

Top-posted from my Windows Phone