[Distutils] Deprecation of the endpoint "/pypi?%3Aaction=index"

Михаил Голубев qsolo825 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 15:05:51 EDT 2016

Hi guys. I'd like to clarify Dmitry's question a bit.

We have some issues with suggested "/simple" endpoint. Despite the need to
scrap the web page, old endpoint allowed us to quickly find latest versions
of the packages hosted on PyPI. We did a single request on IDE startup and
showed outdated installed packages in the settings later. Index "/simple"
however contains only package names and links to the dedicated pages with
their artifacts (not for each of them, though). It means that now we have
to make tons of individual requests to find the latest published version
for each installed package. Isn't it going to load the service even worse?

--
Best regards
Mikhail Golubev