[Distutils] PyPI index workaround

Михаил Голубев qsolo825 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 05:30:12 EDT 2016

Ok, you convinced me that these extra requests from PyCharm won't cause you
any problems. Impressive stats, by the way :)

We will focus on migrating our packaging-related features to these new
endpoints; hopefully, it won't take long. Note, however, that we need to
prepare updates for already released versions of PyCharm. We'll let you
know as soon as everything is ready.

Ernest W. Durbin III suggested changing User-Agent, so that it's clear
which requests come from PyCharm. To me it seems a fair point.

Batch API, as mentioned by Steve Dower, are very welcome, anyway. Also
"/simple" index is still HTML page. Honestly, it's a bit cumbersome that
this information can be received only by scraping HTML and for everything
else there are JSON REST API and XML-RPC.

Is anyone from PyPA attending to EuroPython next week? We could discuss
these matters further there.

--
Best regards
Mikhail Golubev