[Distutils] Outdated packages on pypi

Ionel Cristian Mărieș contact at ionelmc.ro
Thu Jul 14 19:37:56 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 1:51 AM, Steve Dower <steve.dower at python.org> wrote:

> This is why I listed a set of restrictions to help prevent that:
>
> * 140 chars (flexible, but short enough to prevent rants)

​Did you mean to write "provoke"​ instead of "prevent"? If we can learn one
thing from Twitter it's that such limit favors short and brutish comments
over the more nuanced and thoughtful ones - that take way more character
space of course.

I don't get what all this fuss is about about comments on PyPI. Such
feature seems unnecessary. There are plenty of ways to assess how well
maintained a package is. If a package maintainer wants comments or feedback
there's the url/long_description fields.

Thanks,
-- Ionel Cristian Mărieș, http://blog.ionelmc.ro