[Distutils] comparison of configuration languages

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Fri May 6 23:29:51 EDT 2016

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 8:14 PM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
[...]
> The only other option I think that could work is what Chris (I think?)
> suggested and just use a Python literal evaluated using ``ast.literal_eval()``

Oh, good point, that should definitely be on the list of options
considered regardless of whether we go for it. I won't add it now
because I just switched to Windows to play games with my wife and my
emacs is on the other partition, but I'll add it later.

Does anyone know how literal_eval handles Unicode on py2?

-n