[Distutils] comparison of configuration languages

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Mon May 9 22:22:55 EDT 2016

On 05/09/2016 05:19 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:
> On 05/07/2016 09:32 AM, Brett Cannon wrote:

>> I also checked pytoml at https://github.com/avakar/pytoml and it looks
>> like it's pretty stable; no changes in the past 5 months except to
>> support Python 3.5 and only 3 issues. And the format is simple enough
>> that if someone had to fork the code  like Nathaniel suggested or we did
>> it from scratch it wouldn't be a huge burden.

After further consideration, and pytoml's author's comment about the
spec changing without a version increase, I think we might be better off
rolling our own.

I like the general simplicity, and would stick with that, but I'd be a
lot more comfortable if we had our spec that was more consistent.

If there is interest I'll write the PEP and the tool.

--
~Ethan~