[Distutils] The Python Packaging Ecosystem (of Nick) Support for other programming languages

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 01:55:06 EDT 2017

On 7 April 2017 at 15:26, Thomas Güttler <guettliml at thomas-guettler.de> wrote:
> Why is having blue sky ideas rude? AFAIK the word "rude" means "offensively impolite or bad-mannered."

Ideas are easy to come by - we have no shortage of them. What's
difficult to come by is the time and energy needed to work through the
complexities of turning ideas for improvement into practical
enhancements that can be rolled out and incrementally adopted by the
community.

Hearing from folks that say "I'm working on a project to improve X,
can you give me some advice?" is generally wonderful, but "Someone
(else) should totally build this thing that I wish existed" is
typically just noise, and
"I have never personally done anything for any of you, but I want you
all to imagine you work for me and have to work on the things I care
about" is extraordinarily self-entitled behaviour.

Regards,
Nick.