[Distutils] PEP 571: Any further manylinux2010 concerns or questions?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 06:46:50 EDT 2018

PEP link: https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0571/

Thomas Kluyver has amended Mark Williams's PEP 571 to address the
concerns & questions raised in the previous thread:

* manylinux2 -> manylinux2010:
https://github.com/python/peps/commit/70cbfda06534aedd6372f489090fdc8e1062de6e#diff-ed6b6d5f928c15489fc02dca72f4b519
* using glibc 2.12 as a compatibility marker:
https://github.com/python/peps/commit/d43b984e021eddc11bdbc36863c5c285b473f8a7#diff-ed6b6d5f928c15489fc02dca72f4b519

(We also dropped a potentially misleading aside that could be taken as
implying inaccurate limitations on Anaconda platform compatibility)

As I expect quite a few folks will be busy for the Easter weekend, I'm
planning to accept the PEP a week from next Monday (i.e on April 9th)
if no new concerns or objections are raised between now and then :)

Cheers,
Nick.