[Doc-SIG] XML Conversion Update

Fri, 27 Aug 1999 08:23:40 -0500 (CDT)

    Moshe> This shows that DocBook is a bad idea /because/ people know it,
    Moshe> and would have /too much/ freedom for any hope of uniformity.

    Moshe> I vote for a roll-our-own style.

Well, how about we roll our own and it just happens to be a strict subset of
docbook?  You document it as the Pythonic Way To Write Documentation, and
buried deep in some appendix it says (in six-point font):

    This DTD is a subset of DocBook.

That said, can you just start whacking useless appendages off of DocBook?

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/
847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...