[Doc-SIG] Undocumented modules

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 23:52:42 +0100

Recently, "Christopher G. Petrilli" <petrilli@amber.org> said:
> > >             colorsys		DEPRECATE (very incomplete and possible
> > > 	    			inacurate, use PIL)
> >
> > Hm...  This incorporates quite a bit of arcane knowledge that was hard
> > to come by when we wrote it.  I'm not sure where it is incomplete or
> > inaccurate.
>
> Um, missing color systems like CMYK (which of course are nearly
> impossible to do), but also is part of the concept of imaging a'la PIL
> it seems, so awefully incomplete without the ability to do
> transformations in the color system (histograms, etc).

Its main use would be in dialogs (allow users to specify colors in hls
or whatever), and possibly to build conversion arrays, but I'm not
sure whether it is used by anyone anymore. Nope, I myself don't seem
to use it any longer...
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm