[Doc-SIG] <tt> tagging (was Re: Some random thoughts)

Laurence Tratt laurie@eh.org
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 08:39:39 +0000

Peter Funk wrote:

[The infamous SocketServer diagram]
> But we can't live completely without them for the following sorts of
> material:
>    * textual diagrams like the one above (they won't die out to soon)

There're hooks in Crystal to allow one to add code in a la JavaDoc to pull
out images[0] (gifs, jpegs etc) as dictated by a doc string and add it in
the output documentation. This would, of course, require a fair bit of
consideration as to markup, but it would probably negate the need for some
ASCII diagrams!

Laurie

[0] And anything else, in fact. But images are the most obvious example