[Doc-SIG] f(...) vs. f (...) inconsistency

Peter Funk pf@artcom-gmbh.de
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:48:02 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,
this is a very tiny issue, but it bugged over the years:

In his Styleguide Guido wrote:
   """I **hate** whitespace in the following places: [...]
      Immediately before the open parenthesis that starts the argument
      list of a function call, as in spam (1). Always write this as spam(1)."""
I agree to 100% with this.
On the other hand I very often cut'n'paste between the library reference manual
pages and an open editor window.  Unfortunately in the library reference
there are spaces between function names and the opening parenthesis, which
I always have to remove manually.

How come?  Should the library documentation be fixed in this regard?

Regards, Peter