[Doc-SIG] Re: Status of transformers?

David Goodger goodger@users.sourceforge.net
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:27:48 -0500

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) wrote:
> It looks like I may have (at least part of) Friday off (waiting for a
> new washing machine) and available to coding pydps/pysource. That should
> mean getting "understanding" of all the DPS tree into the HTML
> outputter, and writing a draft of why we need a <group> tag, and don't
> need all of the "special" Python tags that David currently defines (I
> shan't try to explain now!).

I'm aquiver with anticipation!

> However, what is the current status on other transformers (the obvious
> special cases being the "find me a title" and "explicitly index my
> automatic footnotes") - have they been coded?

Short answer: no.

Long answer: I ripped the original code out of the parser some time ago.
Ueli Schlaepfer sent me a reworked version, but I need to do some work on it
first and I haven't gotten to it yet.

I may be able to put something together this week, but can't promise.

--
David Goodger    goodger@users.sourceforge.net    Open-source projects:
 - Python Docstring Processing System: http://docstring.sourceforge.net