[Doc-SIG] Updates to Docutils

David Goodger goodger@users.sourceforge.net
Fri, 31 May 2002 23:09:39 -0400

In the latest round of checkins I added "header" & "footer" elements
to the Docutils DTD, within an optional "decoration" element,
positioned right after "docinfo".  These elements are to be used for
page navigation stuff, notes, time/datestamp, etc.  The need for
additional "decorations" may be discovered in the future.  I'm not
sure this is the correct approach; please speak up if you have a
better idea.

I've implemented the corresponding --generator, --date, --time, and
--source-link options, along with their --no-* compliments.  (Optik is
proving very useful and easy.)  Also a new transform
``docutils.transforms.universal.Decorations``, and support in the HTML
writer.

For those of you already using Docutils on your web sites, please
consider adding the --generator/-g and --source-link/-s options when
you generate HTML, to help spread the word.  See the bottoms of the
Docutils pages for examples.  ``tools/html.py --help`` documents all
implemented options.

Download the latest snapshots from:

- http://docutils.sf.net/docutils-snapshot.tgz
- http://docutils.sf.net/docutils-sandbox-snapshot.tgz