[Doc-SIG] ASCII to Word?

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 16:36:47 -0400

All right, I'm ready to get started on writing my book.  My publisher
wants the document in Word format.  I'm starting in some form of ASCII,
quite likely reST.  What do people recommend as the best path for
getting from here to there?  Is anyone else using reST for long
technical documents?

In the absence of better advice, I'm going to convert to OpenOffice's
XML format, then use OpenOffice to convert to Word.  One way or another,
I'm assuming that Python will be used for at least the first stage of
translation.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"In the end, outside of spy agencies, people are far too trusting and
willing to help."  --Ira Winkler