[Doc-SIG] docutils feedback

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:59:32 -0400

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002, Simon Hefti wrote:

> POD is the perl plain old documentation. My use case is to write
> technical documentation, say a SQL cheat sheet. So I want show code
> and to explain it. Now, to be sure, I want to try out the code which
> is show. This is way I need copy/paste: I test in on some shell, copy
> it over to the doc (the rst file in that case), perhaps
> beautify/comment it, copy it back to the shell for testing and so
> forth. This is where the identation is in the way, and here docs would
> be handy.

My solution to this problem has been to use an include directive -- no
cut'n'paste required.  I don't know how that will work in the reST
world, though.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"I had lots of reasonable theories about children myself, until I
had some."  --Michael Rios