[Doc-SIG] docutils feedback

David Goodger goodger@users.sourceforge.net
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:03:58 -0400

Aahz wrote:
> My solution to this problem has been to use an include directive --
> no cut'n'paste required.  I don't know how that will work in the
> reST world, though.

It's on the to-do list, but hasn't been implemented yet:
http://docutils.sf.net/spec/notes#misc-include.  I'm not sure what
semantics/behavior to apply though.  Your solution seems to imply a
context to the "include", such as "include a file, and interpret it as
a literal block", but I'm not sure how best to specify the context.

Worthy ideas; they require thought & discussion.  Comments anyone?

--
David Goodger  <goodger@users.sourceforge.net>  Open-source projects:
  - Python Docutils: http://docutils.sourceforge.net/