[Doc-SIG] docutils feedback

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 02:12:06 -0400

> Aahz wrote:
>>
>> My solution to this problem has been to use an include directive --
>> no cut'n'paste required.  I don't know how that will work in the
>> reST world, though.
>
> It's on the to-do list, but hasn't been implemented yet:
> http://docutils.sf.net/spec/notes#misc-include.  I'm not sure what
> semantics/behavior to apply though.  Your solution seems to imply a
> context to the "include", such as "include a file, and interpret it as
> a literal block", but I'm not sure how best to specify the context.

Seems to me that the simplest approach is to specify the context as a
parameter to the include directive, or to create multiple include
directives (one for each context one wishes to support).
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"I had lots of reasonable theories about children myself, until I
had some."  --Michael Rios