[Doc-SIG] Docbook output

Oliver Rutherfurd oliver@rutherfurd.net
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:11:15 -0500

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:19:12AM -0700, Dethe Elza wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Has any work been done to create DocBook output from reST input?  If
> not, where would I begin if I wanted to tackle such a thing?

Hi,

I just started on a docbook writer yesterday evening. It's probably
about 1/4 done (but I started with all the easy elements ;-). I've
never really used DocBook before, so I'm not very familiar with it,
but I'm just trying to use the html writer as an example, and going
from there.

One question I had was what type of document(s) to generate?

- book
- chapter
- article

It would be nice if all 3 could be generated based on a parameter given
to the writer, but given my lack of experience w/DocBook I don't know
if this is feasible.

Anyway, if I don't stall out or hit any big roadblocks, I'll try to make
something available later this weekend.

-Ollie