[Doc-SIG] Trouble using CVS version

Dethe Elza delza@mac.com
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:21:45 -0700

Sorry, I should have posted the error, but it was on my linux box and I
was writing from my Mac.

There were definitely enough "=" because changing one letter made the
problem go away.

I didn't realize it was illegal to have two titles with the same text.
That's probably it. (Checking) Yes, I had two titles with that text, and
an internal link to it.  Simple enough when I know where to look.
Taking the internal link out also fixed the problem, so it's OK to have
two identical titles, but not to link to them.

The error I got was a looong traceback which ends:

states.py, line 336, in underline
nodes.py, line 667, in note_implicit_target
nodes.py line 719, in clear_target_names
if node.has_key('name'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'has_key'

Which didn't say to me: duplicate reference.

Thanks again,

--Dethe

--
"Melting down holy grails to make silver bullets for my .357 Panacea"
Dethe Elza (delza@burningtiger.com)