[Doc-SIG] [development doc updates]

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Wed Nov 10 17:37:45 CET 2004

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 11:33 am, Michael Foord wrote:
 > What's the easiest way to go about suggesting/submitting minor changes
 > to the docs ?

Filing a bug/issue on SourceForge is best, since that way it doesn't get lost
in my mailbox.

 > I'd like to improve the docs for urllib2. I had a look at the
 > documenting python stuff - but it seems horrendously complex, including
 > latex markup etc.

You don't need to learn all that.  That's documented for those who want to do
all that, and are comfortable with LaTeX.  Some people are actually using the
tools we use for other documentation projects (often for Python-related
software).

 > Ideally I'd love to submit text - I don't want to create extra work for
 > other people, but I think my contribution would be worth it !!

The text is certainly the most important part.  You don't need to worry about
the markup.  I'm happy to convert the plain text myself if you can provide
new text.  I've added some comments to "Documenting Python" recently (last
week) to try and emphasize that contributors don't need to learn or use
LaTeX; perhaps you looked at it before that went in.

I'm always interested in suggestions!  I appreciate your interest in helping
out.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>