[Doc-SIG] Python docs in reST

Michael Foord mike at pcblokes.com
Wed May 18 16:32:25 CEST 2005

Nicola Larosa wrote:

>>The reasons **I** am unhappy with the existing tools [#]_ (i.e. epydoc)
>>is that they don't allow me to mark constants/functions/classes/methods
>>as private, and they don't allow me to document constants.
>>

>Epydoc does have the ability to avoid including private objects in the
>generated docs. Even when you include them, it generates two versions of
>the docs, one with and one without them.

It's probably me *assuming* that epydoc only recognises double
underscores as private. I'd still prefer a way of marking *within* the
docstring (or by comments) that a method is private. I'd rather not have
to name my objects around my docuemtnation tool.

I may be expecting too much though.

Regards,

Fuzzy
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python