[docs] [issue12409] Moving "Documenting Python" to Devguide

Éric Araujo report at bugs.python.org
Tue Aug 23 01:38:20 CEST 2011

Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> added the comment:

My comment was ambiguous, let me rephrase it: I am in favor of moving cpython/Doc/documenting to the devguide.  Then, in the devguide, I would like to remove all the doc that’s just duplicating the upstream Sphinx docs, keeping only links and Python-specific parts.

> But one aspect I think it needs to be done as a prerequisite to this migration is:
> standardizing the sphinx/tools versions used to build the doc.
If this gets rejected, we can move the Documenting tree to the devguide anyway, we’ll just have to add a few paragraphs for 2.7 differences.