[docs] PDF docs in smaller page format for ebook readers (Kindle)

Kevin Broch kevbroch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 16:30:38 CEST 2011

Hello,

I would like to get the Python docs on to my Kindle for reading and reference
but the A4 and US Letter size PDFs provided http://docs.python.org/download.html
make the text impossible to read.

A google search has turned up some complicated
self attempts at doing this, but I thought I'd start at the source to
see if you'd be
receptive to providing some help.

I know supporting every request for a different size PDF would be
impossible but
wondered if you could either:

1) Provide the recipe for how the PDFs are created so I could generate
my desired
format

2) Provide at least a size that would be acceptable to most smaller
form ebook readers.
(I currently find that for my Kindle I create a page that is 3.6" x 4.8",
with all margins 0 except for the bottom which is 0.4" (needed for the
Kindles overlay of
percentage and page)

Best, /<evin