[docs] Damaged pages in Python 3.2 Library Reference

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 19:09:04 CET 2011

Hi Georg,
sorry to bring you in :)

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 09:13, Sandro Tosi <sandro.tosi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Manuel,
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 18:30, Manuel Martinez
> <mmartinez at central.unicor.gov> wrote:
>> Hello Sandro,
>> The damaged pages are in the Python 3.2 Library Reference PDF. The HTML
>> version looks ok.
>> I downloaded it a couple of times and the same problem occurred in the same
>> pages.
> Ok now I see: it's the table that gets too hide, over the page limit.
> I'll try to give it a look at fixing it asap.

The problem is: the codec table has long text, and latex longtables
tries to write them on a single line, but that generates ugly tables,
going over the page border.

It seems the easiest way (from latex POV) is to use columns of "type"
p{length}, but it doesn't seem to allow dynamic length. Did you ever
face this kind of problem? is there something inside sphinx that could
help us resolve this problem?