[docs] [issue8996] Add a default role to allow writing bare `len` instead of :func:`len`

Éric Araujo report at bugs.python.org
Thu Jul 5 20:49:21 CEST 2012

Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> added the comment:

> for example, as a result of documentation merge it both
> :func:`someref` and :class:`someref` can appear
I think this would cause a warning from Sphinx, as all class/meth/func/mod/etc roles look up in the same namespace (what Georg said).

Benjamin is -1 for explicitness
I am -0 because of the ` vs. `` possible ambiguity—I prefer disabling the default role altogether
Georg, are you still +1 or should we reject this?