[docs] [issue15629] Add to regrtest the ability to run Lib and Doc doctests
report at bugs.python.org
Mon Sep 10 10:05:18 CEST 2012
Chris Jerdonek added the comment:
I am attaching an updated version of the patch for feedback.
The latest version of the patch I developed and used in the real-world example of fixing both the module and documentation file doctests for the ipaddress module (and its HOWTO) in issue 15888.
The patch includes the following additional features:
(1) the user is warned if a user-selected test file contains no tests
(2) tests to run can be specified using one or more globs (e.g. fdoc:howto*)
(3) the doc directory can be specified relatively (e.g. --docdir Doc)
(4) passing --docall adds all doctests to the test run selection
(5) passing --docunsafe runs doctests for all selected tests, whether or not the test files are marked "doctest safe"
The patch also includes usage documentation towards the beginning.
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file27162/issue-15629-2.patch
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the docs