[docs] [issue15629] Add to regrtest the ability to run Lib and Doc doctests

Chris Jerdonek report at bugs.python.org
Tue Sep 11 03:02:00 CEST 2012

Chris Jerdonek added the comment:

> You should also see if there are more doctest-safe or more doctest-unsafe tests, and mark the ones in the smallest group.

Running the doctests for all .rst files in the Doc/ directory using the latest patch gave me the following:

299 tests [files] OK.
126 tests failed
(and 6 that I manually skipped)

Following the suggestion above from Ezio, we should have a doc file marker to skip a file as opposed to including a file.  This means that doctests would be included by default, which I think would be a good way to go.  How do people feel about something like the following for a marker?

.. doctest-skip-file (to distinguish from skipping an individual test)

Or perhaps (to go with something like Nick's original suggestion)

.. doctest-unsafe