[docs] [issue16278] os.rename documentation slightly inaccurate

Todd Rovito report at bugs.python.org
Mon Mar 4 04:53:54 CET 2013

Todd Rovito added the comment:

Combined the test cases and document changes into a single patch.  As suggested by Mr. Terry Reedy I used a table and removed the text.  The table still needs some work but it is a good start.  As suggested by Mr. Jerdonek I tried to make the test cases WETter by setting up the files and directories one time in the setup method then only changing that setup in the actual test case only if needed.

This patch needs still needs some work but I wanted people to know I had not quit yet.  It still needs to be tested on Windows, which I will do ASAP.  Thanks.

Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file29301/16278OSRenameDocsTest.patch