[docs] [issue17416] Clarify docs of os.walk()

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Fri Mar 15 23:05:26 CET 2013

Terry J. Reedy added the comment:

The unambiguous title of your first report was better, so I copied it with a new method name.

Changing a parameter name will break code, so it is essentially never done. In any case, directory trees are considered to grow 'down' from the root directory, and tree walkers recurse 'down' to leaves, even though biological trees usually grow 'up'. You just have to get used to the standard inverted metaphor.

I read the doc entry and I do not see any need to change, so I am closing this.

nosy: +terry.reedy
resolution:  -> works for me
stage:  -> committed/rejected
status: open -> closed
title: Documentation Ambiguity 2 -> Clarify docs of os.walk()