[docs] [issue17416] Clarify docs of os.walk()

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Mon Mar 18 00:51:31 CET 2013

Terry J. Reedy added the comment:

I considered your point, re-read the walk entry, and still wish to leave it as it is. First, we are not in the business of providing synonyms for everything. Second, The abbreviations BFS and DFS did not immediately register with me, even though I am quite familiar with the concepts. I expect that many would find them more confusing rather than less. So they would need to be spelled out. There is also the issue of whether the defined topdown behavior is 'exactly' what any particular person would consider 'breadth-first search'. For one thing, walk does not exactly visit leaf-nodes -- it provides a list of them so that the caller can 'visit' them.

Unselecting 'Resolution' amounts to partially reopening an issue. Please don't do that.

resolution:  -> works for me