[docs] [issue23936] Wrong references to deprecated find_module instead of find_spec

Thomas Kluyver report at bugs.python.org
Thu Dec 3 12:16:05 EST 2015

Thomas Kluyver added the comment:

I also ran into confusion with this while trying to write an import hook.

Attached is my shot at a docs patch. I've done a slightly larger rewording, trying to make it easier to understand, and added more links between parts of the docs.

I left mentions of the deprecated find_module and find_loader methods in the 'finder' glossary entry, but for sys.meta_path I have only described find_spec() - it does still fall back to the deprecated methods, but I thought that trying to explain that would make the description of meta_path harder to follow.

nosy: +takluyver
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file41227/finders_and_specs.patch