[docs] wave module readframes now returns bytes not str (issue 25916)

vadmium+py at gmail.com vadmium+py at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 20:51:25 EST 2015

https://bugs.python.org/review/25916/diff/16210/Doc/howto/unicode.rst
File Doc/howto/unicode.rst (right):

https://bugs.python.org/review/25916/diff/16210/Doc/howto/unicode.rst#newcode195
Doc/howto/unicode.rst:195: 2. A Unicode string is turned into a
:class:`bytes` object containing no embedded zero
I think this is talking about the UTF-8 encoding in general; linking to
the Python bytes() object is probably not right. IMO “string of bytes”
was a reasonable description, e.g. U+00A9 is encoded as a string of two
bytes 0xC2 0xA9.

https://bugs.python.org/review/25916/diff/16210/Doc/library/logging.config.rst
File Doc/library/logging.config.rst (right):

https://bugs.python.org/review/25916/diff/16210/Doc/library/logging.config.rst#newcode148
Doc/library/logging.config.rst:148: send it to the socket as a
:class:`bytes` object preceded by a four-byte length
Again, I am not familiar with the API, but I think this is talking about
a socket-level protocol, and linking the bytes() class seems out of
place. I thought “string of bytes” was fine.

https://bugs.python.org/review/25916/