[docs] [issue25152] venv documentation doesn't tell you how to specify a particular version of python

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Thu Sep 17 16:24:38 CEST 2015

R. David Murray added the comment:

Our documentation describes what you get if you install Python using our distribution of python.  If you do that, you (by default) get a pyvenv script, and it points to the version of python that you just (last) installed.

Distributions change this.  We can't document what every distribution does.

That said, I think it would be a good idea to move the description of calling it via 'python -m venv' to be the *first* mention, and *then* describing pyvenv (and noting that it is installed by our installers but a vendor install may do something different, including omit it).

nosy: +r.david.murray
versions:  -Python 3.3