[docs] [issue29947] In SocketServer, why not passing a factory instance for the RequestHandlerClass instead of the class itself?

Dominic Mayers report at bugs.python.org
Sun Apr 2 02:41:14 EDT 2017

Dominic Mayers added the comment:

I did not think very far when said that renaming the parameter could not possibly break the code ! Oh well ! But, renaming the parameter was not important in itself.  It was to make the situation clearer and easier for those who write the documentation. Martin mentioned that it is a big change for the API. This is what I had in mind. And yes, I should have used 'factory function', not 'factory instance'. Oh well ! I am glad things are working and that we will move ahead to resolve this issue.