[Edu-sig] Articles of possible interest

Arthur Siegel siegel@eico.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:30:08 -0400

> We don't want to encourage the stereotypes but if we ignore gender
> differences CP4E runs the risk of becoming CP4M.

It all gets convoluted anyway your turn.

Can a position that math and numeracy is a boy thing
and therefore CP4E with a numeracy slant is not gender friendly or
neutral be considered 'progessive'. Many women would find that
position objectionable.  Clearly the stories we tell - Stephen's stories -
can and should be either gender neutral or play both sides of the fence in
turn.
But I can't except that math itself is not a gender neutral subject.

Two culture wars in a day. Whoosh.