[Edu-sig] Teaching students to use CVS

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:19:40 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Dethe Elza wrote:

> I haven't tried teaching CVS to students, just co-workers, but when I
> discovered it my first thoughts were, "I wish someone had showed me this
> in school, it would have saved me a LOT of time and trouble."

Well I think CVS is probably overkill at this stage, but I thought I could
teach it to them now so when we get to more complicated projects (/me
crosses fingers <blatant Americanism probably...sorry>) they would be
comfortable with the idea.

I was reminding them today how I hoped that they would learn good
development practices and not just Python syntax. I think getting a handle
on CVS would qualify. :-)

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com