[Edu-sig] Python resources for education

Steve Edwards steve@nowfindme.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:25:18 +0800

Hi one and all.

Are there any teachers on the list who have actually developed materials for
use in the classroom with secondary school children?

I have started to introduce and trial some things with some of my Y9's and
Y10's here in Western Australia and am looking forward to sharing and trying
more.  Already some of the kids have programmed Jim Fuller's simple IO
device (http://www.jfuller.org) and we are planning on making 'floppy the
robot' (http://ohmslaw.com/robot.htm) run on Python.

If you have any suggestions on how I can use Python in the classroom and /
or any tutorials or resources you would like to share please let me know.

Hopefully next year www.nowtellme.com will host some useful Python
resources...... assuming I keep my job :-)

Best regards,
Steve Edwards ԿԬ
steve@nowfindme.com -steve@totalqualitytraining.com
www.nowfindme.com - www.totalqualitytraining.com
All truth, in the long run, is only commonsense clarified. Thomas Henry
Huxley (1825-1895) Biologist