[Edu-sig] Re: [Visualpython-users] re: Close, but no cigar

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Aug 10 09:52:13 EDT 2003

> You are correct that Guido wants the default to be that IDLE start in
> the shell, not in an edit window, and he is not comfortable with the
> autosave feature

Bruce,

I would like to remind you that I had some time ago, at considerable effort,
created - essentially for your benefit - a prototype Standalone VPython.  In
a Python runtime environment. With full Inno set-up files completed. And
made it available for download.

Indicating to you that it was my opinion that this might be the simplest
approach that would allow you full "rights" to customize to your hearts
content, and while actually putting *less* of a burden on your users than
you are currently - while avoiding assaults by the likes of me, who feels
your current approach is not fully responsible.  One download, all complete.

There were posts to the list indicating some definite interest in this
approach. At least as a possible alternative, and something to explore.

That's the last I heard of it.

Some clue, maybe?