[Edu-sig] re: Does any such tutorial exist?

Arthur Arthur" <ajs@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:05:14 -0500

Kirby suggests-

>I think a beginning Python programmer should at least know about the
>operator module, and the ability to import add, sub, mul etc. to use in
such
>situations

Or else they can wait a few years until someone suggests it on edu-sig.
Looked at it more closely and found operator.IsNumberType() - which is
something I needed and worked around in the past. And I knew the work-around
was a potential problem.

I am at the get to know your libraries stage of my Python education.  Took a
while to get there. The way I happened to have approached things.

Thanks for the nudge.

Art