[Edu-sig] Losing the plot

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:16:43 -0600

On Thursday 23 January 2003 01:38 pm, ahimsa wrote:
> Greetings
> Aside from the usual internicine bickerings common to most mailing
> lists, could someone on this list please take the trouble to answer a
> question that I have asked previously and that I saw someone else raise
> recently: what is the probable future of the CP4E project, and have any
> alternatives to it been considered/discussed? How does Art's PyGeo
> project fit into the Edu-SIG framework? Is there anything that
> interested parties could do to assist in carrying the project forward in
> some way (aside from donating big bucks to the project - sorry).

My understanding is that the official CP4E effort has been abandoned, for
now, due to insufficient funding. This list remains, and several
individuals keep the dream alive. PyGeo is one man's admirable attempt to
bring 3-d geometric manipulations to the masses (I hope that's an accurate
description). Others here have their pet projects. I like to think that my
PyCrust project helps make Python that much more approachable to novices.

I think interested parties should pursue their interests and lobby for
support in the best tradition of Open Source. Or lend a hand to existing
projects. There's plenty that can be done. What are your interests?

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech      http://www.orbtech.com/web/pobrien