[Edu-sig] re: A "Python in Education" track at PyCon 2004?

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:34:51 -0700

At 05:08 PM 7/25/2003 -0400, Jeffrey Elkner wrote:

>Well, it *is* going forward tentatively.  In fact, I haven't even
>brought this up with the conference organizors yet (aside from Steve
>Holden).  I wanted to see if there was any interest before going any
>further with it.  I figured this list was as good a place as any to
>start.  I've received three replys already, so I'm feeling pretty
>encouraged ;-)
>
>jeff elkner
>open book project at ibiblio
>http://ibiblio.org/obp

I offer further encouragement.

I'd also like to submit a proposal.

It's good to have it be a "track" because in my mind what
that means is we won't schedule the Python in Education
talks in parallel, which means, whether I present or not,
if I'm there (as I hope to be), I'll have a reasonably
good chance of catching these talks without worrying
about a lot of time slot conflicts.

Of course if you get just a whole lot of good proposals,
then parallelism might well creep into the picture.
Oh well.  That'd be a good sign (for the future of
Python in Education), even though it'd be frustrating
to some PyCon attenders.

Kirby