[Edu-sig] re: intro

Arthur ajsiegel@optonline.net
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:48:06 -0400

Simon writes:

 >Hullo fellow python champions, thought i'd introduce myself.

 >I lecture in programming and "design structures"(=math) to
 >postgraduates in electronic arts
 >at the Australian Centre for the Arts ant Technology (ACAT):
 >http://www.anu.edu.au/ITA/ACAT/

 >I also work with artists programming python for real-time/interactive
 >image/sound stuff.

Thought you might be interested in what a countryman is up to, as it
seems to me it has great potential in the "Arts and Technology" arena.

Don't know the geography - but maybe you can even make Shaun's seminar.

A recent posting of Shaun Press from the VPython list:

"""
  I have modified Visual Python to run on The Wedge system at the
  Department of Computer Science, Australian National University. The
  Wedge is a 3D Immersive Environment, which presents scenes in real 3D.
  The details about The Wedge can be found at http://escience.anu.edu.au
  (usage information) and http://ephebe.anu.edu.au/wedge/index.html
  (technical and hardware information).
  Credit must also go to Hugh Fisher (author of the Stereo Visual Python
  Program) for assisting with the 3D transformation calculations.

  I have also added a couple of extras to Visual Python
  New shapes: Pyramid and Frustum
  New shape set: Points (which are a set of single points on the screen)
  New shape attribute: Wire (when true the shape is drawn as a wire frame)

  I am giving a seminar next week on the project and I hope to have
  slides/screenshots/source available after that.

  Shaun Press
  Department of Systems Engineering
  Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering